Debian Installer version 4 2004-05-20

Trying to use debian installer version 4 with linux26. Have a custom built P4 with ASUSs P4C800 delux 3.0 gig Intel processor,512 meg ram (Kingston), SB Live, ATI9600 with 128 meg ram, 80 gig SATA drive, DVDRW, plus SCSI CRRW and 2 SCSI drives.When I boot the SCSI it will only go allow me to tgo as far as the network befor dying(cannot find DHCP and when entered mannually still will not go any further) Plug in the SATA and it will not find the drive. I find this strange since I installed using Debian Installer version 3 and had no trouble using the 24 kernel with it. I haven't tried version 4 in compatible mode. Do I need to use special boot parameters to get this to recognize the SATA and the built in network (which is 3com940). Also tried a 3com509 card but ran into the same problem.Version I'm trying I downloaded is 2004-05-20. Any answer would help Thanks