Re: chkrootkit output question - Unknown HZ value!???

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 11:16:54AM -0700, August MacBeth wrote:
| i'm getting some strange output from chkrootkit on one of my woody
| servers. can anyone tell me what this means? i ran chkrootkit
| again to see if it went away and it came back with the same info. i
| google'd a bit but couldn't find anything..
|
| Checking `inetd'... Unknown HZ value! (0) Assume 100.
| not infected

Run 'bash' as root and you might see the same message :

    # bash
    Unknown HZ value! (26) Assume 100.

I have no idea what is printing this message or why.  I do know that
only 1 out of 6 debian machines I use exhibits this.  Also, that
machine hasn't always done that.  It is annoying, but otherwise
appears harmless.  I am interested in knowing what it means and even
how to correct the situation :-).

-D

--
Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved
person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained.