Re: tetex-bin 2.0.2-14 problems AGAIN

v.demartino2@virgilio.it wrote:
It has become a serious problem!
After the message here attached I completely uninstalled all the tetex packages
& the tex connected ones (lyx, texmacs, etc.) by means of "apt-get remove
--purge pasckage"; then - to be on the safe side - I removed by hand the
/etc/texmf & /usr/share/texmf directories with their subdirs.

Reinstalling all over again tetex-2.0.2 from the official debian testing
archive via apt-get install tetex-bin again caiuses a problem: when setting
the package up debian testing complains about  a missing configuration file
under /etc/texmf (as I said this dir was removed by hand by me!)

What's going on?

Please help
Vittorio

You can try and type,
  dpkg -S <file>
which will tell you in which package that missing file is; Then do a apt-get --reinstall install <package>

I think that'll solve your problem... if not, install apt-file and use that to search that configuration file :)

Oh, by the way, to be on the save side, do *not* remove files or directories unless you know what you're doing... ;)

HTH,

Joris