Re: Correction to installation errors of "fortune"

* Bob Tilley (AT&T) <bobt@cocoa.tybrin.com> [040525 14:17]:

> It was now located "whereis fortune" at "/usr/games/fortune".
> "/usr/games" was added to my PATH system-variable by "PATH=
> $PATH:/usr/games" and normal functioning of fortune resumed.
>
> I've have been unable to learn the current maintainer
> of the fortune package to inform them of this problem.

You can get the maintainer of the package by running "apt-cache show
$package", if you don't know, to which (installed) package a file
belongs run "dpkg -S /path/file".

However: As far as I know, fortune has been in /usr/games as long as the
package exists, and /usr/games was in PATH-Variable for normal users as
long as I remember. Are you sure it isn't a knoppix related problem?

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander