Re: backport site

Hector Scaramelli wrote:

On Mon, 2004-05-24 at 19:26, Mark Ferlatte wrote:

Hector Scaramelli said on Mon, May 24, 2004 at 07:02:42PM -0300:

Hi,

Can anybody recommend an updated backport site to add to the
sources.list file so as to be able to upgrade the kernel and some
packages.
I am using 2.4.18-bf24.

I like backports.org quite a bit.

Thanks for your help.
I added to sources.list
deb http://www.backports.org/debian stable
deb-src http://www.backports.org/debian stable
and apt-get update came up with error 404, what else is needed to write
after stable? or what am i doing wrong?.

You're making assumptions about the form of the answer. It's a website. Visit http://www.backports.org with a browser (links, mozilla, lynx, konqueror, ie, safari, ....). Look for the specific packages that you want backports for (there are lots of them, and backport interaction is a tricky thing). If you want a bunch of things, then you probably want to find a packager who has done those backports "as a group" (actually if you want a bunch of things, you're probably better off with sarge, but you didn't ask that question). I would be hesitant to add several different discrete backport urls to my /apt/sources/list unless i was certain there would be no overlap in affected libraries.

	good luck,
		~c

Thanks again
Hector