Re: What happened to /dev/fd0?

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 02:32:28PM +0200, Johann Spies wrote:
> I have done two thing that could have changed it:
>
> 1. Installed kernel-image-2.6.6-i686
> 2. Ran the mkdev.sh script from lm-sensors-sources.
>
> Now there are no devices like /dev/fd0-3
<snip>

May be unrelated, but have you installed udev lately? I have a somewhat
similar problem when I started using udev until I realized that udev
does not create devices for not loaded modules (feature which I missed
from devfsd).

If this is your case, then loading the floppy module will trigger the
device creation:

$ sudo modprobe floppy

HTH.

--
Hamilton Coutinho          | Like winter snow on summer lawn, time past
hamiltonc@via-rs.net       | is time gone.