Re: 'Applications -> Preferences -> Font' not working.

Matt Brubeck wrote:
I installed 'metacity' to see if it would change anything, but no.

I still can't access

Application -> Preferences -> [Fonts or Themes]

It's frustrating after updating and upgrading kernel and Gnome.

Adam.
afb@paradise.net.nz

Adam Bogacki wrote:

Tux:~# gnome-font-properties
gnome-font-properties: error while loading shared libraries:
libmetacity-private.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory

This library should be in libmetacity0:

$ dpkg -S libmetacity-private
libmetacity0: /usr/lib/libmetacity-private.so.0
libmetacity0: /usr/lib/libmetacity-private.so.0.0.0

$ dpkg -l libmetacity0
ii  libmetacity0   2.8.1-1

This package should be installed automatically as a dependency of
"capplets" (which contains gnome-font-properties and friends).  I'm not
sure why it's not installed or configured properly on your system.