Re: OT: Writing numbers longhand

richard lyons wrote:

On Thursday 06 May 2004 14:43, Paul Johnson wrote:

...1,234,567.89 is "one million, two-hundred-thirty-four
thousand, five-hundred-sixty-seven and eighty-nine one-hundredths."

Oh come on - I never heard anyone pedantic enough to spell out the decimals like that.

That's not pedantic.  That's the original form before we started
abbreviating as you refer to next.

>  Everyone says "one million, two hundred (and) thirtyfour
thousand, five hundred (and) sixtyseven point eight nine...

Daniel