Re: [OT] Yahoo's Antispam proposal

On Mon, 2004-05-24 at 14:34, David P James wrote:

> > > The reasons for that is a whole other
> > >issue, but it's safe to conclude that free email access isn't going
> > > to solve their destitution (because if it would, it would already
> > > have happened or at least be underway).
> >
> > Communication is the beginning of every solution.
> > It *is* under way, e.g:-
> >
> > http://www.globalcn.org/es/article.ntd?id=178&sort=1.11
> >
> > http://europa.eu.int/comm/regional_policy/innovation/pdf/award/extrem
> >adura.pdf
> >
> > The implementation of open source software, along with internet
> > access and associated email, is creating the basis for an economic
> > (in the comprehensively true sense of the word) revolution in
> > Extremadura.
>
> Very well, but would you care to enlighten us how providing free email
> is going to help feed starving people in war torn countries in Africa,
> like Somalia? That's what you've been arguing all along, so I'd love to
> hear some details about it.

It might not solve starvation but it will give them the same access to
information and knowledge that people is countries that are better off
take for granted.

Shri

Shri Shrikumar       U R Byte Solutions           Tel:   0845 644 4745
I.T. Consultant	     Edinburgh, Scotland          Mob:   0773 980 3499
                     Web: www.urbyte.com          Email: shri@urbyte.com