How to recover files from corrupted file system?

Hi!

Some weeks ago, being very tired, I ran mkfs.reiserfs on the wrong
partition. This had an ext3 filesystem before I ruined the filesystem
with my mkfs-command. The result was loss of many, many files. The
partition is now unmounted and not touched since my blow up. I have
tried to find tools that may help me recover my files.

How can I retrieve files from a disk whose inode-table is overwritten?
Are there any tools available for this?

Thanks a bunch for any help on this!

Best regards,
Lars Tobias Borsting