Re: have used only 4904 out of 9729 cylinders, but "No free sectors available"

On Sun, 2004-05-23 at 22:47, James Sinnamon wrote:
> Dear Debian users,
>
> During my installation of a 'testing' (I think) system I partitioned
> my 80Gig hard disk drive.
>
> I think I recall having used a Debian front end to fdisk.  I deliberately
> did NOT use an option which caused the change to be permanent,
> nevertheless, it seems possible that the change is permanent.  I
> hope I am wrong.
>
> I partitioned about 45Gig, and planned to finish partitioning some
> other time.
>
> However fdisk now informs me:
>
>         No free sectors available
>
> What should I do?

You've given us very little specific information. Could you include a
bit more detail? How is your partition table currently laid out, what
exactly are you trying to do with fdisk that's giving you the "No free
sectors available" message, etc. Once we have a better idea of what's
going on we might be able to troubleshoot your problem more effectively.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837