Kernel Realtime Capabilities

I am trying to get Jackstart working and get a message "cannot get realtime capabilities, current capabilities are =ep cap_setpcap-ep Probably running under kernel with capabilities disabled, a suitable kernel would have printed something like =eip"

My current kernel is 2.6.3 compiled with Preemptable Kernel enabled. At www.djcj.org/LAU/guide I found the Low-Latency 2.4.x with ALSA HOWTO and tried compiling a 2.4.3 kernel according to the instructions given but could not find a Low latency scheduling option in Processor Types and Features.

I am using ALSA and a Soundblaster Live card and have no problem with these - i.e. I can input the signal from an external phonograph, from the computer's cdrom drive or from a wav file on the hard drive and the output from any of these goes to my stereo system.

I want to capture the phonograph output, remove cracks and clicks and write the processed file to cd.

I would appreciate any suggestions as to how to get Jackstart to work.

Tom George