Re: Howto install Debian Sarge kernel 2.6.3 on Software RAID1?

Joost Kraaijeveld said:
> Hi,
>
> Is there someone that has Debian Sarge with kernel 2.6.3 (from the
> installer
> beta 4) installed on a software RAID1 and is willing to hare his/her
> knowledge with me how to do that?
>
> I have followed the procedures as described in:
>
> 3. http://alioth.debian.org/projects/rootraiddoc/

I wrote this document.
It documents how to convert to software raid, not how to install directly
to software raid.
While it's possible to install directly to software raid, I have not
documented it.
The biggest recurring problem is:
Kernel does not have software raid loaded as module or compiled into kernel.

Trust me the directions on the document are correct as i've had hundreds
of people use it.
Try installing to a normal non-raid, then covert to software raid, this
will help you understand the process.
Then once you understand the process, determine how to install directly to
software raid in the installer.
Then send me the directions on what you did to install direct from the
installer, and I will include them in the document.
Contact me with any further questiosn concerning this, thanks.

--
--Luke CS Sysadmin, Montana State University-Bozeman