Re: Question about installing nvidia driver

2004. május 23. 18:19 dátummal Alexander Schmehl ezt írta:
> * LeVA <leva@az.isten.hu> [040523 16:25]:
> > You must have the compiled(!) kernel sources, if you are using
> > 2.6.*.
>
> Shouldn't kernel-headers be sufficient?

When I've compiled my 2.6.5 kernel, and installed the nvidia drivers, it
was ok. But after the make clean in /usr/src/linux (symlink to
linux-2.6.5) the installer didn't work. And that was because it
couldn't find the version file, which contains the kernel source's
version, which exists in the 2.4* kernel's sources by default, but with
2.6* kernel, you must make the kernel to create that version file.

This is just my experience. Try it, and you'll find out if it is
working.

Daniel

--
LeVA