Which disk device driver

Hi All,

	installed a new 3.0r2 box with (obviously) 2.4.18-bf2.4.
Tried to upgrade to 2.4.26 by installing the kernel-image but
booting with it aborts with

"VFS: Cannot open root device "805" or 08:05
Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 08:05"

The root= option in /etc/lilo.conf is identical between both
kernel versions, and since 2.4.18 boots, is obviously correct.

My conclusion is that the disk device driver is not compiled
or loaded in at the 2.4.26, so I probably need to build a new
kernel. My questions are wether my logic is right and how I can
find out which device driver is being used in the 2.4.18 kernel
for the disk.

Sincerely,

Jan.