Re: ppp setup problem-Solved

From: Iain Mac Donald <iainjunk@freeuk.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: ppp setup problem
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 14:31:40 +0100

On Wed, 2004-05-19 at 13:00, Ogya Chief wrote:

> I will check the modem documentation to see what is required.

As an example here is the pertinent line for one of my modems

cat /etc/wvdial.conf | grep X3

Init2 = ATQ0 V1 E1 X3 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0

But check your modem manual your settings may be different. Also your
country settings may be different from mine.

I have found wvdial pretty good at establishing a connection and
negotiating authentication. It has saved me a lot of bother in the past.

Hope this helps,
Iain.

Regards,
Iain.

Hi Iain,

The X3 option did the trick. Thank you to you and all the others that contributed to solving this problem.

Ogya

Store more e-mails, accept larger attachments with Hotmail Extra Storage! http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-xe