Newvbie hard drive controller question

I'm new to Debian and I've loaded 2.2.20-compact on a Compaq Proliant DL380 that
is in a remote location. The DL380 has a SmartArray SCSI RAID controller which
is working well, it also has two IDE controllers, the on-board Compaq
controller, and a PCI SIIG "raid" controller. The on-board controller works
fine, but I am not able to access the PCI card based controller which has two WD
120GB drives in a software RAID that are used for backup.

The PCI controller card was detected at install, but it seems that the drivers
aren't loaded in the installed kernel as I don't see any info in dmesg and can't
access the devices attached to the controller.

Unfortunatly I don't have much info on the PCI card. I'm 90% sure it's a SIIG,
but no info other than that. How can I go about detecting the controller and
getting the right driver loaded so I can mount the disk?

I'm hundreds of miles from the server so botching up the kernel would be bad...

Any info is appreciated!