[Fwd: sarge installler, whereis floppy?]

Oh, sorry.

Hardware was perfectly recognised,
just added "X", gave me the moiré screen.
Then kdm & kde, gave me the desktop.
--- Begin Message ---
Hi,

found an excuse to try this new beta 4 (network)installer.
On my Dell demention (-: 750 MHz, PIII).

Wondered which CD image to choose, took the larger one (120 MB?).
Choose the automatic separate /home partition, great!
Got 6.3/155 GB ("everything"/home), looks good to me.
Kernel 2.6 froze the computer halfway /home disk formatting.
Took a screenpicture (with camera), if anybody needs it.
Kernel 2,4 installed fine.

Now my question, there was no floppy icon on the desktop.
Made one: rightclick-->create new-->device-->/media/floppy.
Got an icon, but no working drive.
"Could not determine filesystem" when trying to read a correct floppy.
Floppy disk worked fine on older installation (Sarge via Woody).

So I sent my get/set-selection list via network. Disk is spinning now.

But still, how do I get the floppy working?

mvg Boudewijn

--- End Message ---