Re: [OT] Yahoo's Antispam proposal

s. keeling writes:
> I've heard of a few things that let you review the contents of a remote
> mailbox, cleaning out the cruft prior to downloading.

Headers only, with POP.  Helps a bit.

> Or, there are services you can pay for.
> Worst case, you can pay somebody to do it for you, one way or another.

Spending more money is out of the question.

> But abandon email because of spam?  Not from my vantage point.

There is no upper limit on the volume of spam.  If something is not done
ISPs will eventually start shutting down their mail servers.  Most of their
customers won't complain because they will have long since quit using email
themselves.

Something will be done, of course.  Most likely by Microsoft if everyone
else ignores the problem.

--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org