Re: [OT] Yahoo's Antispam proposal

Incoming from John Hasler:
> s. keeling writes:
> > Mine is trapped (by procmail + spamassassin) at my ISP's shell account
> > and deleted there unseen.
>
> I have no shell account nor any possibility of one.  I have to download it
> all and filter it here.

I've heard of a few things that let you review the contents of a
remote mailbox, cleaning out the cruft prior to downloading.  Or,
there are services you can pay for.  Your mail is sent there, washed,
and the balance bounced to you.  Spamcop used to sell this; no idea if
they still do.

> > Even at %65 (according to Economist/Brightmail) of overall traffic, spam
> > is still very manageable with the right software.
>
> though, or my mailbox will overflow.  When it reaches 99+% I shall have to
> give up email entirely.

Worst case, you can pay somebody to do it for you, one way or another.
But abandon email because of spam?  Not from my vantage point.

- -