Re: Kernel 2.6 reboot turns off the hard drives

Andrei Badea wrote:
On 21.5.2004 0:58 Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

On Thu, 20 May 2004, Andrei Badea wrote:

just upgraded to the 2.6 kernel (2.6.6) and when I reboot, the hard drives are turned off. They are then powered on during the boot

Kernel bug.  I hope it will be fixed in 2.6.7.

Thank you, it seems that you are right:

http://www.webservertalk.com/message220882.html

I understand from this discussion that the bug only affects the 2.6.6 kernel, but not previous 2.6 versions. Do you know if that is true?

Regards,

Andrei

The necessary patches have also been incorporated into the -mm tree.
Give that a shot.  It fixed the problem for me.

-Roberto Sanchez