Re: [OT] Yahoo's Antispam proposal

richard lyons said on Thu, May 20, 2004 at 05:59:23PM -0400:
> On Wednesday 19 May 2004 17:05, Bojan Baros wrote:
> > Link: http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
> >
> > So, what's everyone take on this?
> >

> Another software patent.  Any really good idea that is to become the
> new standard _has_ to be released open source and copyleft.

Uh, it is open source, and copyleft:

http://domainkeys.sourceforge.net/

The only reference to possible patent issues is the general "if we have a
patent on it, you get a royalty-free license" statement on the DomainKeys page
(http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys), which seems to indicate that even if
yahoo does have a patent on domainkeys, it doesn't matter, 'cause you can
implement it for free anyway.