Re: "presenter view" in OOo Impress

Matt Price wrote:

Hey folks,

was justreading this article inthe New York Times about the new
version of MS Office for Mac:
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/05/20/technology/circuits/20stat.html

In it, the author discusses a new "presenter tools" view in MS office,
which lets you see extra information on your laptop screen that isn't
passed on to the projector (this is for powerpoint, obviously).

This is something I would LOVE to emulate in openoffice "impress"
presentation software on debian.  I wonder whether it might be
possible to do something tricky with X that makes this possible --
like, say, run one X session on the projector, a different one on the
laptop lcd, and then remotely access the projector screen from within
the laptop x session?  Does this sound plausible

I'd love to hear opinions.
thx,

matt

Sounds like it should work.

Another idea might be to configure your laptop to use the projector as a second head, and configure X as a dual-head setup. Then you only have one X session, but you can move the Impress window to the second head (projector). Of course that means you'll have to watch the projection screen to follow along with your own presentation, so your method is probably better.

/Kent