Re: Sarge Kernel 2.6 and (K)dm)

I had the same problem after upgrading the kernel to 2.6.
Mouse was gone completely in X, no way to get it back. I recompiled
the kernel and everything works fine now.  I'm not sure which
change did the trick (I made a lot of changes to the kernel config).

Nico

On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 09:30:35AM +0200, Björn Wolter wrote:
> Ich habe installed a current snapshot of sarge....
> the i installed the kernel 2.6.4 image
>
> now i cant boot directly into X.
> I use kdm as the login manager...
>
> kdm.log and XFree86*.log tells me that he has no core pointer, also he
> cannot open /dev/input/mice.
>
> strange is.. when i log in as root, and start kde with /etc/init.d/kdm
> start, he runs kdm and no errors like no core pointer appears.
>
> i have reconfigured the device section in XF86Config-4 to /dev/psaux and
> /dev/input/mice -> all the same result.
>
> when i start debian with kernel 2.4.x kdm works well...
>
> so it must be problem with kernel 2.6
>
> my mouse device section looks like this
> ..
>  Identifier  "Generic Mouse"
>     Driver      "mouse"
>     Option "SendCoreEvents" "true"
>     Option "Protocol"    "ImPS/2"
>     Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice
>     Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
> ..
>
> has someone a tip for me to run X (kdm) with kernel 2.6
>

> --
 "It has been said that there are only two businesses that
  refer to customers as users: illegal drug trade and
               the computer industry."
Nico De Ranter
Senior System Administrator
Sony Service Center (NSCE/VPE-B)
The Corporate Village, Da Vincilaan 7-D1
B-1935 Zaventem, Belgium
Telephone: +32 (0)2 700 86 41 Fax: +32 (0)2 700 86 22