Sarge Kernel 2.6 and (K)dm)

Ich habe installed a current snapshot of sarge....
the i installed the kernel 2.6.4 image

now i cant boot directly into X.
I use kdm as the login manager...

kdm.log and XFree86*.log tells me that he has no core pointer, also he cannot open /dev/input/mice.

strange is.. when i log in as root, and start kde with /etc/init.d/kdm start, he runs kdm and no errors like no core pointer appears.

i have reconfigured the device section in XF86Config-4 to /dev/psaux and /dev/input/mice -> all the same result.

when i start debian with kernel 2.4.x kdm works well...

so it must be problem with kernel 2.6

my mouse device section looks like this
..
 Identifier  "Generic Mouse"
    Driver      "mouse"
    Option "SendCoreEvents" "true"
    Option "Protocol"    "ImPS/2"
    Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice
    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
..

has someone a tip for me to run X (kdm) with kernel 2.6