Re: Version specific notes for debs

Randy Orrison wrote:
Keith Nasman wrote:

I was thinking it would be really nice if it also showed some package
notes for this particular build. This would be of particular interest
for security patches. i.e. "This build incorporates bigfixes fixing
vulnerability blah. See <insert CVE/DSA link here> for more info". Or,
it could even list out the fixes incorporated from the BTS. In a
desktop setting I could see having a bug watchlist and then if
aptitude could check that, it could bring it to the users attention.

apt-listchanges isn't exactly what you want, but the closest I know of. Once you've told aptitude to install the packages, apt-listchanges will show all the relevant changelog entries and ask if you want to proceed.

Randy

Additionally, if you highlight a package in aptitude and hit 'C', it will download/display the changelog for that package.