Re: Question re Debian versions

* Brian Nelson <pyro@debian.org> [2004:03:18:22:58:47-0800] scribed:
<snip />

> My opinion is that testing should not be publicly available until it is
> in the "release candidate" or "beta" stage, or whatever you want to call
> it.  Up until that point, it should be a virtual distribution only
> existing in the output of the testing scripts.  I think it does a
> disservice to the community to have a publicly available distribution
> that appears to be a compromise in between stable and unstable, but in
> actuality can be much more broken than unstable.

How could that work?  Can apt/dselect be coerced into understanding this
distinction?  As it is, if testing is in my sources.list, won't I get
whatever is in testing, so long as I ask for testing packages?

Or, is there some way to ask for "mature" testing packages, as opposed
to else?

What do you think?

--
Best Regards,