Re: WiFi with Netgear WG311?

hi ya

On Thu, 20 May 2004, Adam Aube wrote:

> > The card is the Netgear WG311 which uses the Prism chipset (I think).

some might be ..

the netgear wg311 uses the madwifi drivers ( i have it working - sorta )

	howtos  - see NetGear WG311 and madwifi stuff
	http://www.Linux-Sec.net/Wireless/Install-HOWTO

> > Using kernel 2.6.5 here and unstable - insmodding the prism54 prism.ko
> > module results in a complaint about request_firmware or some such.

am wondering if thats because it ( wg311) might not an prism chipset

> Try using modprobe instead of insmod - modprobe will resolve the
> dependencies for you.

it supposed to .. if you cant install the modules manually in the right
sequence, than modprobe will fail too

c ya
alvin