Re: how to update to kernel 2.6.6?

On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 13:23, Greg Folkert wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 01:40, cwinl wrote:
> > what's the standard?
>
> Wait 'til Herbert Xu^W^H^Wsomeone from the new Debian Kernel Team
> uploads a newer version.
>
> Or D/L the new source, use make-kpkg (not with the initrd option though
> as it requires the cramfs patch and a few other things) and install the
> kernel from the generated Debian package.

The cramfs patch is part of Linus's tree so you can create ramdisk
images from vanilla source using make-kpkg with out any problems.
Actually it may be part of Mortin's patch set. It's in one of those
trees because I use it but I also follow the mm patches for the SMT
enhanced scheduler code).

--
gaumer <gaumerel@titan.ecs.fullerton.edu>