Re: error running postrotate script

Adam Aube wrote:
Stalks wrote:

Recently a new cron error has been showing up during the daily logrotate
 session.

/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
error running postrotate script
run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/logrotate exited with return code 1

The logrotate.conf as follows,

include /etc/logrotate.d

Without a proper explanation for the error I dont know where to look.
Any ideas?

In the individual files under the /etc/logrotate.d directory the conf file
includes. Check the postrotate settings (if any) in each file.

Adam

Ah yes, I overlooked the include. Thanks for pointing it out, I'll check
it right away.

If I run the daily cron manually I dont get the error so I'll have to
wait until tommorow morning to see if any changes have fixed the error.

--
May the ping be with you ....

Registered Linux user number: 355729