netstat: how to reset protocol statistics

Hi, all.

I want to reset protocol statistics displayed by netestat -s.
netstat seem to have no option that reset protocol statistics
information shown by netstat -s. (*BSD does(-z option), though)

According to netstat(8), netstat, when invoked with -s option,
uses /proc/net/snmp as the source.
So if I'd change(or remove) that file,
the statistics would be cleard.

But is this a good practice?  I don't really know /proc so well
that very hesitatid.  If I removed /proc/net/snmp,
what would be happened? Or are there are someway that recreate
files in /proc?

Any suggestion would be appreciated.