after dist-upgrade mutt in reverse video

Hi,
I am running a testing machine and just did a dist-upgrade.  This time
when I start Mutt from the menus, it shows up in reverse video.
Before it looked as if it was being run from rxvt, which is not in
reverse video. Now it looks as if it is being run in xterm, which also
starts in reverse video from the pulldown menu.  I have looked around
trying to find where the xterm defaults are, but haven't had much
luck.

I looked at /usr/lib/menu/mutt and see that it "needs'text'", and I'm
wondering if there is a text setting.

Mutt works fine if I start it in an rxvt window, but I'd like to be
able to start it from the pulldown menu.

I don't have a .XDefaults file.

Any suggestions would be appreciated; I've never had this happen
before.

Thanks,

Ric