Re: USB card readers that work?

Walter Tautz wrote:
I would imagine almost anything would work but I'd like
a list of models people have used with debian and which
they may have also used with their digital cameras. My intent
is not to worry about whether the cameras is supported but
rather if the card reader is. I have an older IBM laptop
A20m model circa 2000 which may well have older 1.1 USB. Not
really sure. So the card reader must be backward compatible
I suppose USB 2.0 is backward compatible by design so perhaps
it's automatic.

I have a Lexar USB 2.0 Multi-Card reader which works fine. The only gripe is that it lists all its drives as STORAGE DEVICE. You can probably get yours at Future Shop near Fairview Park Mall.