Gnome mime (?) problem (zxpdf): gnome.url_show (url)

Hello,

I'm running sid and ion as a WM. I am very fond of pybliographic and use
it extensively for my paper collection. I link archived pdfs through an
URL type field in my data base entry like this:
file:///location/paper:year.pdf

which is pretty nifty, since I can press a button behind the entry and
the paper comes up in xpdf.
I have howerver taken the habit of storing pdfs as *.pdf.bz2 and this is
where I run into trouble - the button click leaves me with this error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/pybliographer/Pyblio/GnomeUI/Entry.py", line 104, in
url_open    gnome.url_show (url)
gobject.GError: There is no default action associated with this
location.

I interpret this as some gnome component being unable to identify the
file type, which is presumable easily fixable if one knows where. I
played around with the gnome control center - to no end.

Please let me know if you have any thoughts on this.

Joh