Re: remote font server for X won't work, can't connect.

On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 02:48:05PM +0100, Lugo Teehalt wrote:
> Have a simple, 2 computer, home network. Am trying to
> get font, say xfstt, server on the remote box to give
> true type fonts from the remote box.
>
> If I do something like:
>
> xset fp+ unix:/7101
>
> It gives a 4 or 5 line error message, sorry have not
> got it.
>
> Another error message in the tty X was started from is
> something like:
>
> _X_font_Somethingorother can't connect. errornum 111.
>
> The 111 is correct.
>
> Have been trying to fix this for a month. Got nowhere.
>
> (*If* its something to do with the Debian default
> -nolisten, how do I switch this off?:-))

I don't think so, xfstt isn't "part of X". (doesn't have any
dependencies on X.)

111 is "connection refused". Maybe xfstt isn't actually running, or
maybe your /etc/hosts.{allow|deny} aren't allowing the connection.

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons