Re: Bash Yank Question

On Wed, 19 May 2004 15:49:53 -0500
"david" <scifast@f-m.fm> wrote:

> Here are some lines from the manual of bash:
>
>   yank-nth-arg (M-C-y)
>    [...]
>
> My question is: How do I give it the argument n?

You press M-<n> for positive numeric arguments starting with n or M--
(meta-dash) to start negative numeric arguments. You can edit the
argument by entering numbers (there is a (arg: n) prompt). When the
number is right, use the macro you want to use the argument.

So for the second commandline argument, you'd press M-2 M-C-y

Search the bash manpage for digit-argument for further info.

--
Got Backup?

Jabber: Shadowdancer at jabber.fsinf.de