RE: MySQL Server Setup Problems

> I'm not even certain its a debian problem, its just a brand new install
> so I figured I'd start here and ask around. A search of the mailing list
> archive turned up nothing usefull so here I am.  :)
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> James

Hi James,

did you make sure the database user has all the rights he needs to enter the
database? Most of the connection problems are related to insufficient
rights....

I use webmin to enter the rights, take a look there at the global settings
and see if the user has the rights to connect from your specific host, to
modify the database or even tables.....

That's the point I'd start from..

Do you use php? Well try to do a localhost connect and see if that at least
works, before trying from another host.

Maybe you can just look up the settings from your old machine.. and compare
them with your new server?

HTH,
Simmel