Re: kdeinit ma--kes m--y machi-ne hick--up every n--ow and th--en

 --- Joost De Cock <joost.decock@astrid.be> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I have this issue with kdeinit. Every now and then (a few times per
> minute) it
> freezes my laptop (for a second or so) by using a lot of system CPU.

A second or so, eh? Hmm, Could it be so slow that it freezes at the same
time the journal is trying to be written to? At any case, I'd check your
logs first of all, and possibly leave top(1) idling on a spare tty.

-- Thomas Adam

=====
"TAG Editor"                 -- http://linuxgazette.net

experience will probably kill you. :)"