Re: Different ip table and missing /dev/usb/lp after using udev

welly hartanto <welly_h2003@yahoo.com> writes:

> Second...How to recover missing /dev/usb/lpx ???

If the files are missing, do a /sbin/MAKEDEV usb in the /dev/ directory

> Several days ago I installed udev, but now I've
> removing and purging its config. since I can't see any
> benefits ( or I don't know the benefits...)

You only see nodes for devices you actually have instead of couple of
hundreds nodes, the majority which you don't have a device for.
You can rename the nodes.  For instance, my memory sticks are all
created as /dev/memstick? instead of /dev/sda?.  My usb key is always
created as /dev/usbkey no matter where I plug it in (I have three usb
ports).

--
John L. Fjellstad