Re: ppp setup problem

On Tuesday 18 May 2004 05:25, Ogya Chief wrote:
> Dear All:
>
> Whilst trying to set up ppp, I ended up with a system that does not
> connect to the net. Whatever option I use to connect, I get a
> message that says:
>
> 	/usr/sbin/pppd: unknown host: (none)
>
> Has anybody ever come across this? What do I have to do to fix
> this? If I have to setup networking again, what should be done?
>
> Thanks in advance for any clues.

Someone is going to need a lot more information to help you.  Read
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html.

and, in particular, describe:

- the environment (machine, modem, debian version etc.).

- how you tried to set it up.

- the research you have already done.

- in detail the diagnostic steps you have tried.

For example, list the contents of /etc/resolv.conf and /etc/hosts...

--
richard