Re: can dvdrip copy DVD

Ben Edwards (lists) wrote:
Have got a DVD burner and can burn data projects fine.  Now I want to
start investigating DVD, so I thought I would start by simply trying to
copy a DVD.  I installed dvdrip and managed to rip the DVD to the hard
drive.  But cant work oput what I need to do next.  Surley you dont have
to transcode if you are simply doing a copy.  I also tried doing it on
the fly but it seems to still want me to transcode.

So I guess what I am looking for is a simple dvdrip howto for copying DVD.

Ben

A DVD-R is single layer while a DVD is double layer[ie has twice the capacity] so a complete copy is obviously impossible.