Re: Easy to use Mail Spam/ Content Filter?

On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 12:57:33PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Sun, May 16, 2004 at 06:58:17PM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> > on Sun, May 16, 2004 at 12:29:39PM +0200, Stefan Drees (s_drees@t-online.de) wrote:
> > > i?m searching for an easy to configure mail spam/ content filter,
> > > configurable over an web frontend.
> [...]
> > Easy?  Delete key.
> >
> > Powerful?  procmail.  Or the Perl-based tool whose name I can never
> > remember.  Mail<mumble>.
>
> maildrop, I'm guessing.

After reading recent flame-fest at d-devel, I found crm114 and dspam
seemed interesting.

crm114 is very light and already packaged.  I like HOWTO at

  http://triplehelix.org/~joshk/CRM114.html

Also check original home page crm114.sourceforge.net

This is supercharged auto-learn grep and very simple design.

Within a day of learning, I get very good filtering.  I dropped almost
all procmail recipe filtering junks.

I was quite impressed it works with mixed Japanese/English environment.

This is by far the excellent filter you can teach without programming.

For DSPAM which uses database as backend.  Too fancy for me but its web
page is very informative.
  www.nuclearelephant.com/projects/dspam/

This has web server support and alternative web support is
provided by php backend, http://www.michaelthompson.org/dspam/