Re: addressbook recommendations?

On Monday 17 May 2004 09:48, Joachim Fahnenmueller wrote:
> Hi Richard
>
> On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 03:20:47AM -0400, richard lyons wrote:
> > Does anyone here have any recommenations for an addressbook?  I'd like to
> > replace kaddressbook (now that I'm not running kde).  Something generic
> > x-windows would be fine - or perhaps better a console-based one.  If the
> > data are in a portable format, so much the better.  I find kaddressbook
> > is cumbersome to load for a quick reference, and seems inclined to be
> > cranky sometimes.
>
> abook is a console-based addressbook.

That looks possible, if a little primitive.  Man page is useless, but I'm
going to try to figure out the sequence of fields it expects and edit my
kaddressbook data so that it will import via csv.  Probably another place
where I should use sed, but I expect I'll do it the hard way, switching
columns around in gnumeric.  At least I know how to do that.

Thanks for the tip.

--
richard