Re: Sarge bootdisk

john gennard wrote:

Katipo wrote:

I don't see why the new installer should vary from dvd to cd, as I checked out both Beta3 and 4, and both had the boot disc option as I recall.

This DVD was issued with Linux Magazine and I can't find the option to
prepare a boot disk. For another machine I downloaded an .iso and
burned it to CD and yes that gave the bootdisk option. I no longer have
the CD and the ADSL line I had access to is longer available to me.

I just downloaded the beta4 109MB iso overnight, while I slept, on 56K dialup.
Burned it to disc over breakfast, installed it that night.
*I've* been burnt by cds from mags. Always get it from the source.
I'm not a professional cd burner, but I always seem to get better ones that way.
Good luck.

Regards,

David.