Re: Increasing Partition size.

Hello, Michael!

On Mon, May 17, 2004 at 09:15:08PM +1000, Michael Bellears wrote:
> The above method does not fill me with confidence - Especially once the
> NAS is in production...maybe it's just me, but deleting a partition
> scares the bejesus out of me!

There's nothing wrong with this, if you think what deleting a partition
actually is: you read the table, modify the end cylinder and write the
table back. Unlike DOS fdisk, Linux one doesn't do anything with the
partition itself (DOS overwrites the first sector of the partition, so
under DOS it is really disastrous). And you do have backups of your
production system, don't you?

With kind regards,
baurjan.