Re: sound volume issue

on Mon, May 17, 2004 at 04:08:35AM -0400, richard lyons (richard@the-place.net) wrote:
> On Monday 17 May 2004 03:54, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> > on Mon, May 17, 2004 at 02:54:06AM -0400, richard lyons
> (richard@the-place.net) wrote:
> > >
> > > I think Karsten meant
> > >    sudo aptitude install aumix
> > > or
> > >    su
> > >    aptitude install aumix
> > >
> > > In case it's not obvious
> >
> > ...or:
> >
> >    # su -c 'aptitude install aumix'
> >
> > I generally use sudo myself, but know it's not installed on all systems.
> > I use su so infrequently I'd muffed the syntax.
>
> Actually, I am so much in awe of your expertise, Karsten, that I
> hesitated to post that trivial correction.

Don't be awed.  I know what I know.  I make up a lot of it on the fly
;-)

I definitely make mistakes.  Just 'coz I say it doesn't make it so.

And we all learn from our mistakes.  Which means if I make a goof like
I did above, I should get called on it.  And if I'm totally off base or
posting on a hunch (which I'll usually qualify), it's often to get
someone _else_ to post with a "this is how it really is" comment.

I've been learning from the 'Net for 17 years.  Great resource.

Peace.