Re: Files burned on CDRW on FreeBSD box can't be copied to Debien box

Hi Kevin,

Tks for your response

On Sunday 16 May 2004 05:32, Kevin Mark wrote:

> > Debian unstable
> > FreeBSD 5.2
> >
> > I used "burncd" burning data files on a CDRW as root on a FreeBSD box.
> > After burning, files can be copied from CDRW to any directory on the
> > FreeBSD box. But they can't be copied to Debian box, saying that I have
> > no permission to copy files.  However in fact the files are copied to
> > Debian box.  On the Debian box I tried to mount the CDRW as root as well
> > as user with the same result.  Kindly advise how to rectify this problem

> Hi Stephen,
> the best thing you can do is to provide us EXACT details. So, for
> example:
> show us the actual output of the commands you used,

Problem seems partially solved as follow;

1) It does not matter whether mounting as root or as user. Using drag-and-drop
method on 'nautilus' (home, Gnome desktop), following warning will popup;

Warning:
<Error while copying>
"/mnt/cdrom0...orial.html" cannot be copied because you do not have
permissions to read it.
<Cancel> <Skip>

Clicking either <Cancel> or <Skip> files copied to Debian including directory

2) If on Console window applying;

$  cp -v -R /mnt/cdrom0/* /path/to/destinated_folder/

No warning popup. All files including directories and subdirectories are
copied to their destination.

Now how to make copying with drag-and-drop method on 'nautilus' avoiding
warning popup? This method allows selecting files/directories to be copied
instead of copying all of them from CDRW.

Kindly advise. TIA

B.R.
Stephen