Re: Orderly shutdown of running programs when quitting X

On Sun, May 16, 2004 at 08:02:15PM -0600, s. keeling wrote:

> I agree, however if he's sufficiently motivated, he could just build
> something that reverses the output of "ps fax" and kills in that
> order.  I wouldn't use it but I imagine others might like it.

I just wrote this:

$ cat /x/x/kill-all
killall -w -1 gnome-terminal firefox-bin gbuffy kdeinit gnome-settings

since that's all I'm usually running "all the time."  Other stuff is
transient.

I just thought maybe there was a hook to run this automagically when I
exit X since there is a similar thing for when you start it.