repost: intel raid controller model srczcr

Reposting with a few more details.

> > Pretty new to linux here, so bear with me.

Ok.  I have to get debian on this machine with this raid controller - no
other drives in the box.  It will be the first linux box for this company
and I've been the linux evangelist here... and I'm needing help.

Here's a link to intel's support page for the controller (emails to intel
have not been answered two days and counting):
http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/server/srczcr/

I've pretty much given up on getting drivers/modules for this controller for
current kernels, but if anyone has any, that would be great.

This email is instead to pursue the other line of action:  using the disks
provided by intel to get a base system up and running and then upgrade the
kernel from there.

That still has problems.
The intel controller comes with a cd that makes a set of install floppies:
rescue, root and driver modules for the controller.  They are at kernel
2.2.19-compact.

I boot with the rescue disk, partition the drive, install root, swap and
lilo on a boot partition.

The problem comes with installing a base system from that.

I've tried to find the base system for that kernel online  - but
archive.debian.org is down and I'm not finding others.
I did find an iso of potato that I burned to CD but it was the wrong kernel
apparently - 2.2.26

I also tried to apt upgrade with a sources.list I created, but apt isn't
installed yet.

Any help getting a base system on that? Or how to upgrade with the little
bit that is loaded?

Another guess I have is to use the driver's for other linux distros that are
based on a different kernel - such as the redhat 7.2 driver (which I think
is a 2.4 kernel?) but how would I go about converting?