Re: wierd dpkg error, only on one package

On Sun, 16 May 2004 00:52:36 -0400
Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> On Sunday 16 May 2004 12:12 am, Rodney D. Myers wrote:
>
> > I'm having a problem upgrading one package..
>
> > I've deleted the console*.deb numerous times thinking the download
> > was corrupt. I have plenty of drive space.
>
> I sadly didn't keep a record of what I did, but I had similar trouble
> with that package.  I wound up removing console-common and a couple of
> other things, upgrading, and then re-installing them afterwards.
> Something like that.  It eventually worked.  Not a corrupt download
> but a subtly broken package I think.

That's what I was thinking, but I've been known to start
messing/tinkering when things like this happen, and mess things up real
bad, so I thought I would ask before starting anything.

Thanks

--
Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers@MtPalomar.net>
Registered Linux User #96112